CELEBRATING THE 40TH WORLD TOURISM DAY 2019
– 27th September 2019
Global Theme: “Tourism and Jobs: a Better Future for All”
Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation
Nepal Tourism Board
Highlights of World Tourism Day 2019 in Nepal
1. MESSAGE FROM THE MINISTER, MINISTRY OF CULTURE, TOURISM AND CIVIL AVIATION
- Commemorative message from Hon’ble Minister, Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation to be published in Gorkhapatra Daily and broadcasted through the Radio Nepal. (September 27, 2019).
2. SPECIAL WELCOME PROGRAMME
- Welcoming the tourists by different organizations at Tribhuvan International Airport, Pokhara Airport, major tourism sites & Kakadvitta, Jhapa and Gaddachauki, Kanchanpur entry points.
- Deepawali at the tourism offices and establishments on September 27, 2019.
- Special discount packages offer for the domestic and international tourists in the accommodation, travel and amenities etc.
3. REACHING OUT/ COMMUNICATION
- Placement of welcome banners with the slogan “Tourism and Jobs: a Better Future for All ” at the arrival locations and Tourist Information Centers in all the entry points (air & land) of Nepal.
- Live Facebook Streaming from major destinations- TIA, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Thamel, Gantantra Park, Narayanhity, Kathmandu, Kakadvitta, Jhapa and Gaddachauki, Kanchanpur entry points.
- Publication and distribution of WTD special booklets with the slogan of “Tourism and Jobs: a Better Future for All” at all the tourism offices, tourism related associations and establishments.
4. SPECIAL PROGRAMMES
- Official celebration of 40th World Tourism Day 2019 at Gantantra Park, Narayanhity, Kathmandu. (September 27, 2019)
- Different capacity building trainings to the tourism associations and entrepreneurs- BSP/IATA (Refresher) training, High Mountain & Trekking Guide Training, Training on Mountain Altitude Safety, Security and First Aid, Tourism and Mountaineering Workshop, Talk Program on “Tourism and Jobs- A better future for all”.
- Hiking from Syuchatar to Bhimdunga, Kathmandu with the participants from MoCTCA, NTB, Tourism Associations, Celebrities and Journalists. (September 28, 2018)
- Celebration of the World Tourism Day 2019 with different special programmes by Pokhara tourism associations.
- Nationwide partnership in celebration/ commemoration. (September 20 – 28, 2019)
News Source: Nepal Tourism Board (NTB)